Five years ago, when I wasn't known as 'Tems,ʼ I had only one nice dress that I rocked to every birthday,

Back then, I was not just broke; I felt and hopeless. I used to go to my aunty’s house just so she could give me food to take home.


No one wanted to produce for me back then, and I said to myself “I can do this myself. 

If no one will do it for you, you do it yourself. Your destiny is waiting for you. 


Fast forward to today...


Tems has become the first female African artist to record 500,000 sales for an EP in the US. She is the first and only Afrobeats artist to win the Breakthrough Award at the Billboard Women in Music 2024. She is the first Afrobeats artist to receive a Golden Globe nomination for her contributions to Rihanna's "Lift Me Up," and she has also been nominated for an Oscar.

Before her first Album Tems had already won:


•Bet Awards

•Grammy Award

•Africa Music Award

•African Entertainment Awards USA

Soul Train Music Award 

•Afro Digitals Awards

•NAACP Image Awards 

•The Headies Awards  

•Silver Clef Awards. 


- With just two Extended Playlist.


Tems is a proof that with determination and self belief, anything is possible. 

Today she celebrates her 29th birthday wish her well.



Post a Comment

0 Comments